“The Pink Side of the Moon”. The MOON, this is the theme of the Notte Rosa 2012.
Just 3 days after the full moon, on the 6 July the moon will be waning and we’ll be able to admire it dreamily during the fireworks displays held along the entire coast simultaneously. The spirit of Fellini returns for this year’s event, which was dedicated to DREAMS in 2011.
“The moon is the only star that rises from behind the mountains and sets inside of us.” Tonino Guerra
The poster for the Notte Rosa 2012 event was created by a young graphic designer from Rimini. It shows an image of the first man to walk on the moon planting the Notte Rosa flag, instead of the American “stars and stripes”. Whilst the title of the event draws inspiration from the wonderful album by Pink Floyd, paraphrasing it by replacing the word “dark” with “pink” - truly unique creativity!
As is traditionally the case, pink is imperative! There’s pink everywhere from the squares, where stages are set up to host concerts, to the restaurants, to the beach, to the old town centre; even the monuments and the façade of the famous Grand Hotel are bathed in pink. Not to mention the canal harbour where the boats are decked out with pink decorations… everything has a hint of pink about it.
A PREVIEW OF THE NOTTE ROSA RIMINI 2012 PROGRAMME:
The official programme is still being updated.
• Grand concert on the coast in Piazzale Fellini (the name of the performer has yet to be confirmed).
• At midnight, fireworks displays simultaneously all along the coast.
• Concert on the beach near Rimini thermal spa, waiting for dawn accompanied by great music.
• NEW: this year we can wait for the sun to rise in several different locations and they’ll all be exceptional.
• A long lunar weekend that you can enjoy to the full from sunset on Friday 6 July, until dawn on Sunday 8 July!